The first step to bankruptcy is to recognize the signs of financial concerns and decide that it is time to handle them.
If you are having financial troubles, here are some warning signs to look out for:
- Credit card balance transfers
- Pension loans
- Home equity mortgages
- Calls to rescue companies – none of which are reliable and work (debt counseling, settlement companies, modification companies)
- Credit card use for necessary for gas and groceries, hours at work cut, loss of job, health and other issues, etc.
- Wage Garnishments
- Borrowing and financial help from friends and family necessary to put food on the table and gas in the car.
- Unable to pay the minimum payments on your credit cards
- A foreclosure summon
- Loan modifications being denied
- Property being repossessed
- Switching which utilities you pay each month
- Worsening health which can be tied to financial worries and stress.
- Loss of sleep and rest, anxiety attacks, feeling of worthlessness and hopelessness, higher blood pressure, headaches, and worsening of other health issues.
If you are having any of these financial problems, bankruptcy can be an option for you. However, It is necessary to speak to a knowledgeable attorney to understand all the options you have for you.
Continue to STEP 2- Meet with an Attorney.